What documents should be attached to the application?
- technical-construction documentation of the type of the measuring instrument;
- instruction manual and additional documents certifying metrological characteristics, if they are necessary for proper performance of the test of a given type of measuring instrument and were specified in the provisions defining the detailed scope, ways and methods of carrying out examinations and checks during legal metrological control of particular types of measuring instruments;
- a copy of the National Court Register entry or a certificate from the business activity register, obtained not earlier than 3 months before the date of submitting the application, and in the case of an applicant with the registered office outside the Republic of Poland, a copy of an entry in the register kept in the country of the applicant’s register office;
- power of attorney to act on behalf of the manufacturer in any matters connected with type approval, if the applicant is an authorized representative;
- other documents specified by applicable provisions, referred to in point 2.
The applicant shall attach to the application one specimen of the measuring instrument representing the type to be approved, its elements, additional devices and additional equipment required to carry out the type test, or indicate in the application the place of installation of the specimen of the measuring instrument representing type, if according to the provisions defining the detailed scope, ways and methods of carrying out examinations and checks during legal metrological control of particular types of measuring instruments, the type examination of this type of measuring instrument shall be carried out in this place.
The applicant may attach to the application the reports with results of examinations carried out by competent metrological institutions or laboratories, indicating that the type of the measuring instrument meets the requirements. In that case, the applicant shall submit a copy of the measuring instrument representing type to be approved and its elements, additional devices and additional equipment if the President considers it necessary to carry out a type examination and asks the applicant to submit them.
According to the Act of 16 November 2006, on stamp duty (Journal of Laws No. 225, item. 1635, as amended) from the 1st of January 2007 for granting a power of attorney to the applicant is required to pay stamp duty and submit the proof of this charge. The obligation is incumbent on the principal, plenipotentiary, entrepreneur or proxy. Tax authority of competent jurisdiction in matters of stamp duty on official acts performed by the Central Office of Measures is: Srodmiescie District City of Warsaw, 43 Nowogrodzka street, 00-691 Warsaw, account no: 60 1030 1508 0000 0005 5001 0038. The rate of stamp duty for granting a power of attorney is 17.00 PLN.