Participation of the GUM delegation in the 54th meeting of the International Committee of Legal Metrology in Bratislava
On October 21-25 this year 54th meeting of the International Committee of Legal Metrology (CIML) was held in Bratislava with the participation of the Polish delegation.
During the meeting, a number of important new publications were adopted:
The CIML approved the following publications:
- Revision of D 31 General requirements for software-controlled measuring instruments,
- New Document D 33 Reference standard liquids (Newtonian viscosity standard for the calibration and verification of viscometers),
- New Document D 34 Conformity to Type (CTT) - Pre-market conformity assessment of measuring instruments,
- Revision of B 6 Directives for OIML technical work,
- New Basic Publication B 20 Rules for the use of OIML logos,
- New Basic Publication B 21 Framework for OIML Training Centers and OIML Training Events,
- Revision of R 117 Dynamic measuring instruments for liquids other than water.
The CIML approved the following new projects:
- Revision of D 31 General requirements for software controlled measuring instruments,
- New publication: R 87 prepackage template,
- Revision of R 142 Automated refractometers: Methods and means of verification,
- New publication Rotary viscometers - Determination of dynamic viscosity - Verification method,
- Revision of B 11 Rules governing the translation, copyright and distribution of OIML Publications.
During the meeting, delegates familiarized themselves with the reports on the organization's work: financial, regarding the work of the BIML Office. Peter Mason (UK) presented a report on the work of the group on countries with a developing economy (CEEMS), and Cock Osterman from the Netherlands presented a report on the work of the Management Committee of the OIML Certification System.
The election of the new Vice-President of OIML was an important issue. Elected delegate come from Switzerland (Dr Bobjoseph Mathew).
An important and significant event, especially for Polish metrology, was the honoring of the GUM representative Dr eng. Jerzy Borzymiński with the OIML medal for outstanding achievements in the field of legal metrology.
Dr eng. Jerzy Borzymiński (Central Office of Measures) and Prof. dr Roman Schwartz, Vice-president Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, President Comité international de métrologie légale (CIML)